Christmas in September?! eyeshadow palette review

Hiya,

I know it was a huge buzz in regards to this eyeshadow palette when it was launched ... limited edition holiday release..

Yeah.. I'm talking about the "limited edition" gingerbread spice eyeshadow palette from Too Faced.

Even if you don't have it you probably have seen pictures/swatches with it but here are some more:




A lot of people love it, a lot hate it and a lot can't be bothered with it.

I didn't get on the train wagon at first, as I thought it's just another neutral palette (which I have tons of..) with a pop of color in it. Even though on my everyday I'd reach for a neutral tone one I set myself for 2019 to start using more colors so I said I'll pass on it.

This was up until I starting seeing reviews and seeing that it had a lot of good reviews. Then it made me wanna buy it.. but... surprise... it was out of stock and won't restock as it was limited edition.

So now that I established that I want it I though how will I get one.. I began searching eBay and Amazon and other similar platforms for it and everything I found was sold for crazy prices. So I ended up giving up on it.

And.. July 2019 comes ... surprise.. the so called "limited edition" palette is back in stock as a re-release as a "Christmas in July" thing.

Now I though it's a bit shady. Even though I wanted it so much after the holidays now that it's re-released I'm thinking to myself.. is it old stock they want to get rid of? 

Still the palette intrigued me and .. after 2 months from the "Christmas in July" thing (in September) I ended up buying it.

Of course I checked the batch code to see if it's from an old stock and to my surprise it was manufactured in 2019 and has a shelf life of 36 months form now on. As a double check I checked my Sweet Peach palete and it's accurate.

As a side note, if you're wondering when your cosmetics was produced and its shelf life I searched it here: http://checkcosmetic.net/   (not sponsored, I just googled batch production date check).

I can't lie, I like Too Faced eyeshadow formula, even though they are a bit powdery. But since they announced that a "companion" palette will be launched for this holidays I thought they will look cute together.

I will post in the future a couple of looks using it now that I have it I plan of using it... sic..

Do I regret buying it? not quite.. 
Could I live without it? for sure..

But still, it's a nice eyeshadow palette to have in the collection.

Lots of love,
Andreea

Comments

Popular Posts