Empties review part 1 (cleansers)

Hello gorgeous,

I was cleaning the house and my husband found the empties stack (I was saving it for a review for a while).. of course... him trying to help it threw the stack away...

Lucky me that I had everything written down as it got empty (just in case).. So I do apologize for the pictures (they are not mine) - cause I don't have the empties anymore.

But I will say what I have to say about each product that was in my empties stack; so let's dig in:

I'll start with the cleansing products:

- ISEREE cotton pads:



I use this cotton pads for a couple of years, I buy them from Lidl supermarket for about 0,90 $. It contains 120 cotton pads, they are well made, they do not shed. Are great for using them with cleansers, toners, nail polish removers etc. I love them, I give them an 10 out of 10.


- CIEN soft cotton pads:




This are fairly new (at least over here). As much as I've seen they replaced the ISEREE ones in the Lidl supermarkets. They are the same as the ISEREE ones, the price is almost the same, for me the only difference was that with this ones you get more (140 instead of 120 pieces). Except that they are the same thing. So... 10 out of 10 for me :)

- CIEN Clear Gentle Cleansing Milk:


For those who don't know CIEN is a brand that you can find in Lidl supermarkets (I don't know if it's their own brand - for sure - but I suppose so). 

I bought it when I realized I was out of my cleansing gel (the one from Sephora - their own cleansing gel). I had to go to purchase some groceries and I've seen it and I said to myself that I have to give it a try.

"Cleanse and nourishes with Lotus & Silk; for all skin types"

First of all it is not clear (it is white). I like the fact that is in a plastic pump container. It make is easy to use and hygienic. It is a decent cleaner, it's not wow, it's doing it's job just fine. It did not break me out which was great. Overall I give it an 8 out of 10 just because I have to use quite a decent amount to clean my face properly.  

- CIEN clear refreshing facial toner:


I used both of them (the only difference between them is the packaging - even though in the package one is for normal and combination and one is for dry and sensitive skin - ).

"Cleanse and revives with lotus flower and silk" - For normal and combination skin - the blue one.
"Alcohol free, with lotus flower and silk" - For dry and sensitive skin - the pink one.

While I was using them I haven't felt any difference between one and the other. I like the packaging, it is in a friendly press pump; great for using with cotton pads (you just place the cotton pad on the press pump and press a few times and the toner is released into the cotton pad).

For a supermarket brand it's doing it's job just great, even better that some "brand" ones. So I give it a thumbs up  and a 8 out of 10.

- CIEN nail polish remover:




Since I found it it became my top nail polish remover. I tried them both and my favorite one is the blue one. It takes the nail polish off in a blink of an eye. It does not dry the nails, it's just lovely. It's in a press pump (just like the toners) but it's smaller.

I've purchased several "brand" ones and they didn't perform as good as this one. So a big big 10 out of 10.

Even thought it looks like it's a CIEN review, let me tell you that it's not made on purpose. I think that just as everyone else I care about my money and want to get the most from them and sometimes just because it's branded it doesn't mean that it's good. A lot of the products are made in the same factories but with different labels.

Over here it is a saying (I'll translate it into English) "It's not a fool the one who asks it's a fool the one who pays" - in other words sometimes(a lot) you pay the label not the product.

Enough rambling, let me know if you have used some of all of this products and your opinion.

Lots of love and stay tuned for part two,
Andreea


Comments

Popular Posts