Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + VS. ELF Acne Fighting Foundation

Hiya,

Sorry for the delay in posting this.. it was supposed to be posted after the MUFE Mat Velvet + Review one...

Well, first of all the packaging of the ELF one looks a lot like the MUFE one;

Here are the picture of them two side by side:



ELF doesn't have as much of a shade selection as MUFE but for the price you can't quite complain.. I'm a "porcelain" in the winter and "buff" in the summer. During Spring and Autumn I just combine the two shade to make one that matches my face :)

Both are medium to full coverage and matte finish... dah... ^_^

The staying power on the MUFE on my oily face was 8h+ as for the ELF one it lasts about 4 hours before I need to do touch-ups..

MUFE sustains that the Mat Velvet + is Waterproof.. to be honest I didn't quite believe that until I ended up going to run some errands and a storm came out of nowhere and I got soaking wet.. I thought I will end up looking like a complete mess (especially having my oily skin.. grr.. ) but to my surprise that didn't happen at all..

Here is a picture with the makeup look I wore that day:



Bottom line is that ELF didn't exactly dupe the MUFE one but it's a pretty darn close dupe (taking away the staying power and the fact that MUFE is waterproof).


MUFE price: 39$ (Sephora.com)
ELF price: 6$ (elfcosmetics.com)

Let me know your thoughts, have you tried them? did you like them? did they work for you?

Lots of love,
Andreea

Comments

Popular Posts