Yves Rocher February 2020 haul (January purchase) - Sebo Vegetal review -

Hi sweetie,

Ever since I received an in store discount card (and I receive monthly leaflets with offers) from Yves-Rocher I got used to purchase products from them. Mat they be new products or ones that I already tested out and my skin reacted great to them it got a custom now.

Overall I usually spend around 15-20$/month (out of my own pocket) which is not that bad for skincare.

Note: This post is not sponsored. I don't get sponsored in any way, shape or form by them. Anyone can be part of their discount "club", they just need to signup.

Here are the products I've purchased in January 2020 ( I completely forgot the face cream though...sic):



Sebo Vegetal Range: Targeted for Combination to Oily skin. "Enriched with rebalancing* Canadian Boreal Tea powder, which works in-depth to control shine, neutralize the appearance of imperfections, and refine skin texture."

This formula contains more contains more than 97% ingredients from natural origin

• Mineral oil free, silicone free• Vegan** (Products formulated without animal derivatives)• Non-oily formula• Easily biodegradable formula• Recyclable bottle that contains recycled plastic

From this range I still have a couple of products to test out, I only purchase 4 of them out of 5 or 6 I think.

~ Cleansing Purifying Micellar Water - Removes impurities and makeup as it cleanse the skin. It purifies and mattifies the skin the same time. I haven't tried the Sebo Vegetal one before but I have the Hydra one in my empties (I quite enjoyed that one that's why I'm trying this one too).

If you're in the US you can find the product here: Cleansing Purifying Micellar Water. It retails for 14,50$, it comes in a pump container that has 390ml / 13.1 fl.oz. I paid for it around 5$ (with a discount).


~ Purifying Cleansing Gel - This gel removes sebum excess along with makeup. It deeply cleanse the skin while it helps mattifying it. Just like the Micellar Water I have tested out the Hydra range gel before and since my skin reacted well to it I wanted to test out this Sebo range as by the sound of it it's tailor made for my oily skin.

If you're in the US you can find the product here: Purifying Cleansing Gel. It retails for 17,50$, it comes in a pump container that has 390ml / 13.1 fl.oz. I paid for it around 7$ (with a discount).


~ Purifying Scrub - This face scrub has the same Sebo "technology" behind it (meaning it's made to mattify your skin and balance the sebum). As an exfoliate agent it has milled apricot kernel which are there to remove dead skin cells. It leaves the skin gently exfoliated while mattifyied on the same time.

After using it I can confirm that it kind of does what it claims. I left my skin matte yet not dull still quite soft. So far I really like this face scrub :)

If you're in the US you can find the product here: Purifying Scrub. It retails for 9,50$, it comes in a squeeze tube type container that has 75ml / 2.5 fl.oz. I paid for it around 5$ (with a discount).


~ Anti Pollution - Oxygenating Scrub - I received his product as a gift in store ( a travel size one that has 30g / 1 fl.oz.). "This scrub with Moringa seeds gently exfoliates the scalp and doesn't becomes greasy as quickly." I am really curious to see if it really does that as I have oily skin and my hair gets greasy in like 2 days.. if this actually works that I'll buy the full size one and backups too :).

If you're in the US you can find the product here: Anti Pollution - Oxygenating Scalp Scrub. It retails for 9,98$, it comes in a squeeze tube type container that has 150ml / 5.0 fl.oz. As mentioned, I have received a travel size tube as a gift with purchase in store, I couldn't find it online to have an idea of how much that retails for.

Later edit: I didn't feel it did much.. it's more like a scrub for the scalp but nothing that special that it makes me feel like I definitely need it. I can live just fine without it :)


~ Repair Balm - "This rich, creamy balm formula intensely nourishes and repairs very dry or damaged skin. Your skin is nourished and soothed – just like new."

Well, to me.. this product is quite overpriced, it's just a thick body moisturizer that comes in a quite small tube. I would've liked for it to be in a squeeze type tube or pump one ( I suppose that due to the fact that it's quite thick they didn't had a choice). Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, I just think that you can get a better deal at Bath&Body Works ^_^.

I'm not the biggest fan of the scent either.. go for B&B Works balms instead :)

This was another gift with purchase, I'll be honest I would've not have bought this on my own as I don't use body balms that often and it's ridiculously overpriced in my opinion.

If you're in the US you can find the product here: Repair Balm. It retails for 15,50$, it comes in a screw top type container that has 150ml / 5.0 fl.oz.

~ Zero Blemish Moisturizing Gel Cream - "This Gel Cream has a fresh, light texture, tightens pores, mattifies skin and refines skin texture. Shine is controlled, for a matte and even complexion. All day long, skin is moisturized."

If you don't like scented face creams than this product is not for you. It does have a pleasant scent but you can smell it for sure. It does have a creamy gel consistency that sinks into the skin in seconds. What I love about it is the fact that it actually fills in my pores and it really mattifies my skin as you rub it in. I don’t find the scent unpleasant but some people might so take that into account when ordering it ( if you don’t have the chance to test it out in-store). The scent is a fresh, earthy, grassy one I’d just say it’s a clean one. As for the feeling on the face, even though it sinks right in you can feel it moisturise it, it has that “expensive” cream feeling on the face.

If you're in the US you can find the product here: Zero Blemish Moisturizing Gel Cream. It retails for 35$, it comes in a traditional glass jar with screw top and contains 50 ml/1.6 fl.oz.

It's quite an expensive face cream but the reviews online are better than I'd expected.

Have you tried any of these products? did you like them? do you like Yves-Rocher as a brand? have you test them out? I'd love to read your thought.


Lots of love,
Andreea

Comments

Popular Posts