Make Up For Ever - Let’s Gold eyeshadow palette review

Hiya,

I was looking at this palette when it popped up in store but wasn't sure that I actually wanted it. I saw a bunch of reviews online and most of them were like meh.. nothing special.

"Steal the makeup show with Let's Gold, a new palette highlighting the beauty of gold and its countless variations. From white gold to rose gold, mix and match any of the 18 gold hues. Let's Gold features golden, shades in three different finishes: fiery mattes, shiny metallics and warm chromes. Get inspired by our three step tutorial cards, unveil your creativity, and join us on a golden trip. Fall for this irresistible beauty and do for gold! "

I finally ended up purchasing the palette, here it is:




Here are the swatches, though I must say, in real life they look a lot better:

1st row - Fiery Mattes:

Left to right: Pure (you can barely see it as it matched my skin tone), Mine, Digger, Soil, Wealthy, Lavish


2nd row - Shiny Metallics:

Left to right: Hotshot, Famed, Bullion, Trophy, Smelted, Jewelry.


3rd row - Warm Chromes:

Left to right: Precious, Fortune, Treasure, Glorious, Igneous, Molten.

As of first impression swatch they swatch nicely. The mattes are a bit tricky as some shades skip a bit but nothing that can't be sorted out.

I'll say, I'm in love with Smelted, and most of the bottom row. I can't wait to play more with the palette and see what looks I'll end up with. To me it's more of an everyday use palette not so much of their golden idea. Even though I have a bunch of neutral palettes I don't mind this one, the thing I like the most about it is that you can use every shade (there isn't any warning as with the ABH palettes - which to me sounds crazy - an eyeshadow palette that has shadows that are not intended to use near the eye - well, where should I use it then?!) anyhow this is another topic ^_^.


Here's a more in depth shade description:

o PURE: matte ivory-beige.
o HOTSHOT: iridescent golden champagne.
o PRECIOUS: eggshell, golden white, subtle glitter finish.
o MINE: matte warm dark chocolate brown
o FAMED: saffron gold, iridescent button gold
o FORTUNE: sparkling golden brown, glitter finish.
o DIGGER: matte khaki.
o BILLION: iridescent gold khaki, chrome & orange sheen.
o TREASURE: black khaki, golden shimmer.
o SOIL: matte caramel, warm orange tones.
o TROPHY: iridescent golden copper.


At Sephora.com and MakeupForEver.com when it released it was 45$. I have no idea if the product is still available or not as it was a Spring 2019 release. 

It's full price when it was released in Sephora where I live was around 53$.. it's quite a lot to be honest. 

At the moment is on sale for around 37$: MUFE - Let's Gold - Sephora.ro  I paid for it around 23$ as I had a discount voucher that I used. For 20$ it's not bad... though if it still were at full price I'd just walk right by it but for 20$ it's fine. I'll get some use out of it for that price :).

I usually like MUFE eyeshadow formula so probably I'll end up using this palette for everyday looks.

Lots of love,
Andreea



Comments

Popular Posts