Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam look

Hi there,

As promised, after a long waiting it finally arrived and it's good to use. Here's the look I came up with:




Products I've used:
Eyebrows:
- Avon Creme Brow Gel shade "medium brown";
- Essence Make Me Brow mascara.

Eyes:
- Essence You Better Work eyelid primer;
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam eyeshadow palette shades: "tempera, glistening, orange soda, rose pink, sultry, fairy, burnt orange, sienna, rustic, cyprus umber";
- Essence You Better Work waterproof mascara.

Face:
- The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer;
- The Ordinary Serum Foundation shade: "2.0N";
- The Ordinary Coverage Foundation shade: "1.2YG";
- Essence Stay all day 16h concealer;
- Essence You Better Work fixing powder;
- Essence Sun Club matte bronzer shade: "lighter skin";
- Sephora Long Lasting blush shade: "N.03 can't stop smiling";
- Essence You Better Work setting spray.

Lips:
- Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit High-Shine lipstick shade: "Bud Romance".

Up until I actually wrote down all the shade I've used from the Soft Glam palette I haven't realized that I used almost all shades in that palette. I was just going along and choosing as I laid them up on my lid (with no particular look in mind).

I like how it turned out, though being the first time I used the palette I start to thing that it's a bit overrated and overpriced for what it is. 

Don't get me wrong, the colors are nice but I think they could've put more thought in the product / formula for the price. You can get similar colors and similar pay-off from Drugstore Brands like Makeup Revolution, Revolution Pro etc.

I don't regret buying the Vault as both the palettes in it are kind of staple in the Beauty Community it's just that, I think they're kind of overpriced.

I most probably will end up buying more ABH eyeshadow palettes to test out and to grow my collection now that I've started but I'll be honest I don't feel overly excited about them.

As for the Primer, it's been about 2 hours since I've finished the look (at the time I'm writing this post) and my skin already started feeling oily and I can see oil come through in areas that it usually gets oily (like me T zone) so ... I'm a bit disappointed but hey.. it was inexpensive so I'm not that mad about it. I'm curious to see it's lasting power.

Do you like their formula of  ABH shadows? do you like the brands mentioned, have you tried products from them? I'd love to read your thoughts :)

Lots of love,
Andreea

Comments

Popular Posts