New Year Declutter Part 2 - (Blushes, Mascaras, Eyeshadow Palettes)

Hi there,

Here's the 2nd part of the declutter series. This one has the blushes, mascaras and eyeshadow palettes that I won't be using anymore:





Here's a brief description of the products above:

- ELF Studio HD Blush "Diva", "Superstar" - I'll talk about both as they are the same only different shade. I hate cream blushes, I don't know why, probably because of my oily skin but I just can't be bothered blending them out. They are decent products, the airless pump containers makes sure you use up all the product. I just don't use them, I tried .. even put them in my Pan Basket for a while trying to see if I can pan them out but I couldn't. Please don't be offended if you like this type of products, I'm not saying they are bad just that I'm to lazy to use them as they should :).
- NYX Whipped Fouette Lip & Cheek Color "Plush" - love the applicator, love the formula, hate the color. I won't use it on my cheeks for reasons mentioned about and on my lips the color looks awful. It's like a tamed barbie pink shade that looks strange on it's own on the lips.It doesn't have enough coverage to be used on it's own and on top of products it's too much hassle for me as I'm too lazy to layer things up when I know I can use a single product in one go.
- Maybelline Expert Wear blush "Pinch of Coral", "62 Rosewood" - like the ELF ones this are the same only different shade. I used to reach for the "62 Rosewood" a lot back in the day.. Not anymore as for the "Pinch of Coral" one I barely touched it and it's a shimmery type of product and I don't like those on my cheeks.. I have enough "shine" from my oily skin.
- ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzer "St.Lucia" - I used to swear by this product, the blush part is completely used and the bronzer one I've hit quite a lot of pan. I'm letting it go as I have it for quite a long time, it was the blush that I really loved and since the bronzer was almost used up too it's time for it to go :).
- W7 The Queen of Brows Majestic Brow Mascara "Medium Deep"- I loved this product. I used it more to set the brows in place rather then giving them a color but I loved that it really set the brows in place. It was such an inexpensive product I'm contemplating on purchasing it again. At the moment I'm using an Essence one.
- ELF Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara - I've went through a bunch of this ones. This particular one set unopened in my drawer for quite some time and when I opened it it was all dried up so I got maybe 5 uses out of it in its whole. Well the product itself is not bad when you get a good one, and it's perfect for setting brows in place.
- Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara - This was a mascara I really enjoyed. You can tell it's a mid to high end one..
- Trend It Up mascara - This was a nice everyday inexpensive mascara. Nothing out of the ordinary with it, nothing special. Just a nice everyday mascara.
- ELF Little Black Beauty Book - This eyeshadow palette was amongst the first product I've purchased from ELF. As you can probably tell by the pans I've hit on a few shades it was a loved palette. I'm parting ways with it cause I don't use it anymore. Haven't touched it in a year at least. For the price, the product itself was quite a decent one, nice pigmentation on the shades. It was an overall nice product. I just don't use it anymore.
- Pacifica Natural Mineral Eye Shadows "Island Life", "Blush Crystals" - if your someone that likes subtle hints of color on the lids you'll love them. They swatch awesome, the payoff is there if you use your fingers or the sponge applicator that comes with them.. as for a brush and blending things out.. where.. that's the issues.. It's like the color disappears :(.
- ELF 32 shade eyeshadow palette "warm" - this one is in the exact same situation as the other ELF palette from above. I just don't use it anymore.. it was nice when I was getting into blending colors and playing with different shades. It's a great brand for makeup rookies as the payoff is there yet you don't break the bank.

Here I end this part 2. Part 3 will feature single eyeshadows, stick cream eyeshadows and eyeliners.

Lots of love,
Andreea

Comments

Popular Posts