Juvia's Place haul

Hiya,

I finally got to talk about my holiday 2019 purchases. I placed an order on www.beautybay.com aiming for brands / products I haven't tested before.

My set goal this year is to purchase makeup products from companies I haven't tried out before (or products I haven't tested before from companies I own stuff already). Don't know if I'll be able to comply with my goal all the way through the year but I'll try.

I ended up purchasing the Anastasia Beverly Hills 2 palettes Vault (it has the Modern Renaissance and Soft Glam), I'll talk about them in the next post and the Zulu Palette from Juvia's Place along with The Empress Lip Collection in shade Moro. 

Here they are:


- The Empress Lip Collection "Moro":




Well, I wouldn't usually choose this shade but I'll be honest, it was on sale so, since I haven't tried anything from Juvia's Place before I told myself that it's a good way to start and see if I like the formula or not.

The matte liquid lipstick is awesome, it dries quite fast and won't budge from the lips. It is lightweight, I didn't feel as it was drying my lips out. I really really like it.

As for the metallic one.. I hate metallic lips in general. On me, the metallic liquid lipsticks look awful, they don't suit me at all. I'm still thinking what I'm going to do with it. I'll do some research to see if I can use it as a liquid eyeliner, that way I'll make a use out of it. If not, probably I'll just pass it one to a friend. I can't really complain that much as I paid 7,49 euros for the set (around 8$) soo.. giving the fact that the full price on BeautyBay is 24,95 euros it's not bad at all. You can find the product on BeautyBay: The Empress Lip Collection "Moro".  

Or on Juvia's Place website (it's currently on sale for 9$) : The Empress Lip Collection "Moro".

- The Zulu Palette:



It may sound strange but my husband was the one who talked me into buying this palette. I had in my basket the ABH Vault and I needed another 5 euros for free tracked delivery. I placed my Moro lip set in the basket and I was still scrolling through the Juvia's place products when my husband saw this palette and he was like "why don't you buy that palette too, you mostly purchase neutral palettes, some colorful ones won't hurt in your collection" so I ended up buying it.

And I'm really happy I did, at first when I saw the pictures, the color story scared me a bit. I knew that the pans are large size ones and I was wondering if I'll end up using the palette or it will just live in my drawers.. 

I got the palette and when I swatched the colors I fell in love with it. Even though I was scared at first, I can see that it's a usable palette.



It is a pressed pigment eyeshadow palette, what raised question in my mind is the fact the almost all shades are "not recommended to use in the immediate eye area" well... it's an eyeshadow palette.. where should we use it if not around the eyes?! The formula is soft yet not so crumbly as other eyeshadows, pigmentation is good (not awesome) but it's quite good. I can't really complain that much about it, apart for the strange warning.. It's like they know the palette may cause irritations to people and they cover their asses out with a warning on the packaging which, in my opinion defeats the purpose of the product itself. 

I paid for the palette full price, which was 23,75 euros (around 26 $) but I'm happy I did. You can find the palette on Juvia's Place website(for 20$): The Zulu Eyeshadow Palette or on BeautyBay : The Zulu eyeshadow palette.

I live in Europe and over here the tax is already added to the price (so the price you see is the one you pay at checkout) + shipping if applies. So even though, sometimes the prices in US seem a lot cheaper if  I purchase directly from the US websites I need to keep in mind that tax is added along with import charges and shipping (if applies).


I know that this products are not new or recently launched my any means but to me they are new. I know also that you can find tons of review about them online but in my opinion another one won't hurt ^_^.

I hope you found this post useful :)

Disclaimer: this post is not sponsored in any way shade or form. I paid for the products myself and it's my own genuine opinion.

Lots of love,
Andreea



Comments

Popular Posts