Anastasia Beverly Hills Vault haul

Hi there,

This is the second part of my holiday BeautyBay.com haul that I purchased on 24 December 2019 and arrived in January 2020.

This product was available in store in Sephora where I live but I just fussed around and by the time I decided I want it it was sold out everywhere (online, in store, in store in near cities around me).

So... dumb me, instead of paying around 58 euros (equivalent) I ended up paying 69.95 euros on Beauty Bay... lesson learned. 

Prior of buying it I was looking in the ABH website to see if I can buy it from there and even though it would've been cheaper ( I could've almost buy the 3 palette vault for the same price - which I think was exclusive on their website as I couldn't find it anywhere else) with taxes and import charges I would've ended up paying even more than on Beauty Bay...

Anyway, here's the Vault:






The box itself is a sturdy cardboard box that has two drawers and with lots and lots of shimmer (which does not transfer.. thank God). Each palette has it's own drawer. It's a nice collectors piece to be honest.

This two eyeshadow palette Vault contains the Modern Renaissance Palette and the Soft Glam one.


- Modern Renaissance eyeshadow palette:



I know, everyone and their grandma knows, owns or tested this palette. As I said, apart for a Brow Wiz sample I haven't tested out anything from ABH before. I was thinking that, instead of going for recent launches at first I should try the "holy grail" ones and the price helped a lot too. As if I wouldn't have been so stupid and purchase it when I could from Sephora it would've been almost like a buy one get one free deal. Anyway... back to the palette :)

The colors are silky smooth and buttery but quite lightly pressed. Too lightly pressed in my opinion as they are quite powdery (well this is a known fact about ABH eyeshadow formula). The pigmentation is there, it's easy buildable apart for a shade or too that look a tad bit patchy. Overall, I like the palette and I'm happy I bought it. The shades are up on my alley and I can easily see it as an everyday go-to eyeshadow palette to use.

Here are some swatches:



- Soft Glam eyeshadow palette:



  Well, over here, to my disappointment the palette arrived with two shades broken so I can't tell you much about the formula or swatch the shades as I raised a complaint about it and until I have a resolution I can't touch the palette further. I'm guttered that the palette arrived broken though not surprised in a way cause their packaging was not great at all.

I received the Vault packed only into a thin plastic bag (like a sandwich type one - not the thick zip lock one) and it was placed faced down in the box. No bubble wrap around it only some paper...

Knowing the fact that ABH formula is famous for it's softness I wonder why they didn't protect the box better ?!..

Anyhow, I'm waiting for a reply from Beauty Bay, I do hope they will replace the palette as I can't use it in this state, I can't press the eyeshadows back due to their formula so it's a 90% usable palette in its current state. 

I'll keep you updated.

Update 1: So about 1 day and a half after I raised the broken issue Beauty Bay got back to me saying they have authorize a full refund for the product and that I have to return the product to them (I need to pay for the return postage too).. so I'll be out of product (both of the palettes) and overall on a lost as I end up paying even more for the whole debacle..

Update 2: I have received the refund and I decided to give another shot to Beauty Bay. I do hope this second Vault (as they still had it in stock) won't arrive broken.. finger crossed...

Lots of love,
Andreea


Comments

Popular Posts