Yves Rocher Christmas haul

Hi there,

Yves-Rocher has launched their holiday packs and even though I wasn't drawn to all the products I couldn't leave the store empty handed ^_^.

Here's what I bought:


I'll start with the Holiday Collection products ... to be in theme :)

- First Snowflakes - Bath & Shower Gel

It's a shower gel made with Almond Essential Oil, their description is: 

"The pleasure of delectable, enveloping white almond for Christmas!
In the shower, the enveloping scent of white almond evokes the softness of the very First Snowflakes. Enriched with organic cornflower water, this shower gel gently cleanses the skin and leaves it delicately scented.

The one I bought has 400ml /13.5 fl.oz and I paid for it around 5$. I couldn't find the exact one on their US website. The closest one I could find is the 200ml / 6.7 fl.oz one First Snowflakes .

- First Snowflakes - Bath & Shower Gel

It smells exactly like the shower gel but it's in hand lotion form. It is really moisturizing without leaving an oily or "heavy feeling" on the hands. It's quick absorbing which is a huge plus for me :)

The container has 75ml / 2.5 fl.oz, I can't remember how much I paid for it but you can find the product here: First Snowflakes hand cream .

- At the heart of Pine Trees - Bath & Shower Gel

Contrary to the First Snowflakes one which has a sweeter scent this one is a bit more masculine if I can say it that way but not is a "man only" type. It reminds me of a walk into a Fir tree forest.

Their description is:

"A Christmas resourcing Orange and Cedar Wood scents!

In the shower, the revitalizing scent of wood and citrus transports you to the heart of pine trees. Enriched with organic cornflower water, this shower gel gently cleanses the skin and leaves it delicately scented."

Just like the First Snowflakes one the container I got has 400 ml / 13.5 fl.oz I paid for it the same (around 5$) you can find the exact one over here: At the heart of Pine Trees.

- Almond Orange Blossom Shower Gel

I totally adore the orange blossom scent. I think it's a subtle and elegant smell. It reminds me a lot of the Cherry Trees in Japan ^_^.

Their description of the product is:
"Do you dream about a relaxing moment in the shower?
Our chain of experts, unique since 1959, has selected and combined Aloe Vera gel from Organic  Farming, Orange Blossom essential oil (in the fragrance) and an Almond extract."

The container has 400 ml / 13.5 fl.oz I paid around 5$ for it. You can find the exact one over here:
Almond Orange Blossom.

- Almond Orange Blossom Relaxing Body Lotion

Did I mention I love the orange blossom smell? :) apart for the shower gel I couldn't resist not buying the body lotion too. To be completely honest I use it more as a hand lotion as it sits on my desk.

I bought the 200 ml one / 6.7 fl.oz as I said it's enough to test the product out and form an real opinion about it. I paid for it around 5$ too. I feel like all the products convert to around 5$ in this haul... sic..

I could only find the big bottle (400 ml / 13.5 fl oz - one that conveniently has a pump to it). You can purchase it here: Almond Orange Blossom Relaxing Body Lotion.

- Lemon Basil Shower Gel

When I bought this one was part of an in-store offer (buy 2 get 1 free). I got this one, the Almond Orange one and the Coffee Beans one.

Even though it has basil in it, the scent it's not overpowering the lemon one (dunno if it could've had). It's such a invigorating, fresh scent. Great for a morning shower before going to work.. Or as a summer holiday scent.

I'm so gutted that it's not available anymore. I searched the website high and low and couldn't find it anymore. I suppose it was a Summer scent.. :(

- Coffee Beans Shower Gel

This is a repurchase. Ever since I bought the first bottle it became a staple. I love the coffee scent of it. It's not like harsh recently brewed coffee grounds type of scent; it's more like velvet coffee scent.. I'm not good at describing this scent.. it makes you want to eat it if you're a coffee scent lovere.. though it's highly unrecommended an inedible ^_^.



- Soothing Micellar Water 2 in 1 - Sensitive Skin

As I've mentioned a couple of times before my skin has its own personality and it has a fit whenever it wants so I said I'll test away their "sensitive" range and I bought the 2 in 1 micellar water to see how my face reacts to it.

I do own the Hydra Vegetal 2 in 1 micellar water from them. I still have about 1/3 left in the bottle (it is the big bottle with a pump - the 390 ml /13.1 fl.oz one) and my face reacted to it quite good so I can't complain.

Then again, back to the Sensitive one. I bought the small size bottle (200 ml / 6.7 fl.oz).

I paid for it around 6$. I found it online but in my opinion the price difference is quite astounding. I don't know what their marketing strategy is in the US... you can find it here: 2 in 1 micellar water sensitive skin.

- Raspberry Peppermint Energizing Hand Cream

Usually I'm not that keen of sweet scents. I needed a handbag cream to have it with me and from the ones I smelled in store this one caught my attention the most. The peppermint is not overpowering the raspberry scent but it gives a fresh scent to it. It's like in a perfume .. the first it hits you the raspberry scent but as you rub it into your skin you can smell the freshness of the peppermint.

It's a great travel size / desk size cream. It has 30ml / 1 fl.oz it's in a squeeze type of packaging with screw top cap so it won't spill everywhere if you're placing the cap securely onto it.

It is fast absorbing and hydrating cream, similar in texture to the First Snowflakes one. Probably the base is the same.

It costed me around 3,5$, you can find the exact one here: Raspberry Peppermint Energizing Hand Cream.

- Anti-Dandruff Shampoo

I'm used to use Head & Shoulders as my regular shampoo but knowing that Yves Rocher allegedly uses over 95% natural ingredients in their products I said I'd give a go to this Anti-Dandruff Shampoo.

This particular product is silicone free, it has Agave and Pomegranate extract. This are a bit of a strange and unusual ingredients for a shampoo but hey... if their healthier for my hair and skin I'll take them :)

I bought the full size bottle, the 300ml / 10.1 fl.oz. one and I paid for it around 6$. I couldn't find the exact one online on their US page but their full rage with the Agave Plant extract can be found here: Shampoos.

Well, this concludes this haul.. it was quite a mouthful. Part of the products I haven't began testing them out some of them I did (hand lotions) and so far I'm pleased with what I got.

- Volume and Substance Detangling Gel Conditioner

I have frizzy hair that turns into a dull, lack of volume one in like 2 days. When I saw the product, knowing that allegedly over 90% of the ingredients in their products are of natural sources I said to myself that I need to try it. More than that it's silicone-free so that's nice.

Along the years I've tested a bunch of "volumizer" conditioners for my hair.. not with great results I must say.

Now back to the product :) apparently it has texturizing Quinoa in it along with Agave fructans for a healthy scalp. Well I'm on the fence here as apart for being frizzy my hair it's quite oily too.. my whole skin is in fact so I try to stay away from things that may add extra oiliness that I don't need.

I've had the chance to test the product a couple of times now and apart for the fact that I keep it out of my roots.. which defeats the purpose of the product.. it's a nice product. It leaves my hair feeling silky smooth (which I love) though I haven't seen any notable changes using it on the roots so to avoid extra oiliness I stopped using it from there. Nevertheless it's a nice product, if you don't have a crazy skin like I do you'll probably really enjoy the product.

I paid for it around 5$, you can find it on their US website for 7.50$: Volume and Substance Detangling Gel Conditioner.

I hope you find this post informative, it's not sponsored in any way shape or form!

This is my personal opinion about what I bought.

Lots of love,
Andreea

Comments

Popular Posts