Makeup haul

Hi there,

I recently went on a small makeup shopping spree and here's what I picked up:


Sooo let's dig in:

- Maybelline Affinitone Foundation shade: 20-Golden Rose

This is a repurchase, I first tried out this foundation as I received it as a gift.. the color may sound a bit crazy but interesting it matched me.. at least the old one I had.. I couldn't try the new one in store to see if it's a match or not but since it's a fairly inexpensive foundation it's not that much of a lost if it doesn't suit me. 

Though I think it'll suit me.. if not.. I'll make it work somehow ^_^.

What I love about it is the fact that even though it's quite a light weight foundation it has just the perfect coverage for my crazy skin.. I just love this foundation.. at least the old one I had.. I hope I'll love the new one just as much.

It has 30ml / 1.0 fl. oz. and I paid for it around 6,96$.

- Wet n' wild Photofocus Foundation shade: Soft beige

It's the first foundation from Wet n'wild that I own.. I'm really curious to see how my face will react to it. 

The formula of this foundation is based on a "no photo flashback" theory. They said that it's been tested within different light conditions and different type of smartphones. To be honest, I'm more interested of its staying power and coverage on my face.

It is a light to medium coverage, it's easy buildable and it doesn't feel heavy on the face. You do need to set it up with a powder as it's a bit sticky (though I don't mind that as I always set my foundations so.. it's a routine for me).

It has a twist off cap and at first I thought it's like the old Revlon ColorStay but thankfully it has a paddle like applicator which helps as you just apply the amount you want across your face and blend it out with a brush or sponge type blender.

A lot of bloggers tested this foundation out as a dupe for the Yves Saint Laurent Fusion Ink Foundation as well as the Double Wear one by Estee Lauder.

It has 30ml / 1.0 fl. oz. and I paid for it around 5,88$.

- Essence You Better Work Eye Primer

I do have the face primer from this range and since I found the eye primer and the mascara (I'll talk about it next) I wanted to test it out.

The face primer is green in color.. I was curios what shade this will be.. it's a beige color. They claim it's Gym-proof and waterproof as well. I still have to test it out to make a full opinion about it. So far, I don't hate it.

It has 10ml / 0.33 fl.oz , I paid for it about 3,33$ so it's a decent size and it's fairly inexpensive .. if it turns out to be a great one probably I'll switch from my MAC Paint Pot to this one for everyday use.

- Essence You Better Work Volume and Curl Waterproof Mascara

Just like the primers it is Gym-proof and waterproof, the want is a standard one that has a curve on one side. As for the formula, it's not the best nor the worst in the world. I don't necessarily hate it but I'm not in love with it either. 

I didn't see the volume they claimed about, though I don't like to pack the mascara on. I usually use like two coats and that's kind of it.

I'll say that it's alright, it's a decent inexpensive mascara.

It has 10ml / 0.33 fl.oz. and I paid for it around 3,57$

- Essence Instant Matt Makeup Setting Spray

Well.. since I mostly use the Avon one like crazy (it has 100 ml and it costs around 4$ so who can complain with that?) I said to myself that I need to test out other setting sprays (others than the high end ones I have).

It is suppose to" keep your skin beautifully matt" it can be used both as a primer and a setting spray. 

It's oil free, non-sticky and lightweight.. so they claim.. I do find that this is correct but the smell is hideous.. they could've put some sort of fragrance in it ..

If you can move past the smell it's quite a decent primer/setting spray, it has a fine mist which is helpful as it doesn't let splotches of product on the face.

It has 50ml / 1.69 fl. oz so it's not that bad.. I paid for it around 4,04$.

- Essence My must haves palette

I bought this having my Kiko Clics eyeshadows in mind, thinking that they would fit and I could use them more as I'll reach for them more... 

Well.. they don't fit so I'm left with a 4 pan empty palette that I can't return as we don't have that sort of policy over here..

Probably next time I'll pop in the shop I'll end up purchasing 4 essence single shadows to put them into the palette to test them out and not to feel that I've wasted my money.

It wasn't expensive though.. it was like 1,66$ but still..


Well I hope you like the haul, do you own / have you tested out products mentioned above?

Lots of love,
Andreea

Comments

Popular Posts