Pan basket Update

Hi there,

Here's an update on my "Pan Basket" project 1,5 month in:

Initially I set up for the project at the beginning of March trying to "Pan" certain products that I don't usually reach to.

The pan basked looked like this:

Here's the breakdown/ update:

Skincare:

- Sephora Instant moisture+ cream:

I finished this in about 3 days, it's a nice cream though nothing out of the ordinary.    

This was a tiny sachet sample but I got from them a deluxe sample too ... So I replaced that one in the basked to empty.


Face products:

- Sephora Smoothing Primer - this came in a sachet too. I liked the consistency of it but I know it has tones of not so good stuff for the skin in it (all that silicone is not a good thing for the skin). I liked the product but I won't purchase the full size.

- Avon face perfector (primer) - I had this for quite some time, it's nearly empty and I just have to finish it up so I can throw it away. It was a 30ml squeeze tube (at the moment what's left of it it's just in the very tip so I have to force it out). By my guess I would say there's product for about 3 - 4 uses. I lost the box with the ingredients, on the tube it's just stated that it has SPF20. But by the feeling of it it's full of silicone too. This one is empty too and based on the silicone I won't purchase another one.
- ELF Poreless Face Primer - This is that airless pump container that had mixed reviews. I've reached the top of it the amount of product that's still in I have to scoop it out (it's quite easy to open). It had 14ml (0.47 fl.oz.) in it, I'd say I'll get 1 use out of what's left, maybe 2 if I stretch it out. 

As I can remember I liked the product itself, I just stopped using it and just lived in the back of my drawer for about 1 year :)). This will make it quite easy to use up though.
Empty too.. I'm not planning of purchasing a new one as I already bought a different Primer to test out.

- Sephora 10h wear perfection foundation (medium 30) - I do own this foundation in shade 22 which is a lot lighter and it looks quite good in the skin. I got this one as a sample (actually I had 2 sachets, one of it was used for the next look). I don't hate it though it's strange that in person it looks quite dark for my skin but in the pictures it looks like it's a match (... spoiler alert ... ). I still have about 1/4 of a full size bottle left from a different shade and I'm planing of finishing that up before I decide if I'll buy another one or test our a different foundation.

- Maybelline Affinitone Foundation (20 - Golden Rose) - I received this foundation from a friend, the shade didn't suit her. I was a bit apprehensive about it in the beginning as I thought the shade won't suit me either. Oh how wrong I was, it turned out that the shade suited me just fine. I used it for about 2 and a half months straight to the point that I thought it's empty. I let it settle and out of what's left I'd still get around 2-3 uses. This is a foundation that I will definitely repurchase once I'm done with it. Even though the consistency it's quite runny, it has a decent coverage for my skin, it doesn't set into my fine lines, it's just light on the skin, I really liked it. I loved this foundation, it has a light-weight formula but on my skin it still gives enough coverage and that's a great thing. I am planning on purchasing this again.. maybe a couple of other shades as summer is coming.

Kiko - Soft Sifter Liquid Foundation ( 03 Glacial Light) - I'm so guttered for this foundation. I didn't realized when I got it that it's 90% water and 10% pigment. Whilst I was cleaning I realized that most of it it's gone as the water evaporated. I love how it smells, it's really lightweight on the skin. I just feel guttered as I probably used it 10 times at tops and now it's kind of empty. Maybe I'll get another 4-5 uses out of it and this is me trying to be optimist. I'm so guttered that I didn't use this foundation up before it literally evaporated.. it had 90% water in it, it was a really light-weight and light coverage foundation and I just had it in my drawer for ages.. all it's left now is a dollop of pigment.  I can't repurchase this as it was a limited edition product.

- Sleek - Face powder (Bamboo) - This was part of a cream foundation and powder compact. The concept of it was quite nice but I hated the foundation. It was the wrong shade, I felt it really oily on my face, I was turning into an oil grease in about 1 hour after applying it regardless of the amount of powder I put on top. So I decided to get rid of the foundation but I kept the powder to give it another shot. I depotted the powder into an plastic clear container and use it now as a loose powder to see what I think about it and how my face likes it. While it was part of the compact I just didn't reach for it, I used it around 2-3 types and can't honestly remember how I felt about it. This is going in the bin. Even being in my basket near me I didn't reach to it, and when I forced myself to do that I realized it's a wrong shade for my skin so.. in the bin it goes..

- Maybelline Mineral Powder blush (Original rose and fresh plum) - The fresh plum one had about 3/4 of the product left as the original rose one is about 2/4. I used to love them and use the all the time especially the original rose one as I was drawn to it more. So basically that's why I put them in the basket, so I use them more as I have them for a few years and need to be used up. If even like this I won't reach to them that much they will end up in the bin. I wish I'd reach for them more often.. I'm really thinking of pressing them into a pan maybe this was I'll use them more. I like them, they have a really nice pigment.. I just don't reach to loose type products that much.


Eyes and brows:

- ELF brow kit (Medium) - This is brand new. I purchased it about a year ago and never turned up using it so I have to start using it otherwise it'll end up in the bin unused. It's the classic one part waxy cream and one side powder. The powder is too light for me but I'm still trying to make it work. I've used it a couple of times and I'm still trying to adjust to it.. by the next update I'll decide what should I do with it.

- Maybelline 24h Color Tattoo Leather Effect (Creamy Beige 98)  - I used to use this all the time back in the day. When I rediscovered it it was kind of dried out but I took a spatula and mix it up and it's like new (just not as pretty in the container). I want to continue using it as it's quite a versatile product, it can be used as it's own as a cream eyeshadow or as a base. I still have around a quarter of the container left. After I mixed it up even though the pigment still exist I just don't like the product anymore.. so I'll be getting rid of it.

- Sephora eyeshadow trio (It bag #80, Be on the A-list #49, Movie Popcorn #72) - This were part of the birthday gift a few years ago. They are nice shades don't get me wrong it's just that I wish the lightest one (Movie Popcorn #72) was a matte shade not satin as all of them are satin look a bit forced together on the eye. It makes the eye look awkward (at least in my opinion). The shades are pretty for everyday look.. it just seems like I barely touched them so I'll keep using them either by themselves or with other products... 


Till next update lots of hugs,
Andreea

Comments

Popular Posts