"Pan" basket project

Hi there,

Whilst cleaning up I selected a bunch of products that are on the edge of expiring and I didn't want to throw them away so I decided to compile my 1st pan project.

I've decided to use the sample sachets I kept receiving with purchases too so a couple of them are in the basket.

Basically these are items that I intend to use up in the next few weeks/months (it depends on how much product it's left).



I'll split the products into functions so here they are:

Skincare:
- Sephora Instant Moisutre+ Cream - it was in a sample sachet, I used it once so far (makeup look to follow in the next post). The quantity that remained I transferred it into a clear container and I guess I'll still get about 2-3 uses out of it. The sachet had 2ml (0.06 fl.oz) of product in it.

A little bit goes a long way, it has a gel like consistency and it sinks into the skin quite quick. It smells good, I don't know yet how I feel about it, I don't hate it.. it's a moisturizer so I s'pose it's doing its job.




Face makeup:
- Sephora Smoothing Primer - this came in a sachet too, like the moisturizer a little goes a long way. I love the feeling of it but it's full with silicone so of course it feels good on the skin if you like the feeling .. Not sure how my skin will love it, I guess I'll find out as I've used it once so far and still waiting to see how my skin reacts.

I transferred the remaining of the content in a plastic container, I'd still get around 2 uses out of it. The sachet had 1.5ml (0.05 fl.oz.).

- Avon face perfector (primer) - I had this for quite some time, it's nearly empty and I just have to finish it up so I can throw it away. It was a 30ml squeezy tube (at the moment what's left of it it's just in the very tip so I have to force it out). By my guess I would say there's product for about 3 - 4 uses. I lost the box with the ingredients, on the tube it's just stated that it has SPF20. But by the feeling of it it's full of silicone too.

- ELF Poreless Face Primer - This is that airless pump container that had mixed reviews. I've reached the top of it the amount of product that's still in I have to scoop it out (it's quite easy to open). It had 14ml (0.47 fl.oz.) in it, I'd say I'll get 1 use out of what's left, maybe 2 if I stretch it out.

As I can remember I liked the product itself, I just stopped using it and just lived in the back of my drawer for about 1 year :)). This will make it quite easy to use up though.

- Sephora 10h wear perfection foundation (medium 30) - I do own this foundation in shade 22 which is a lot lighter and it looks quite good in the skin. I got this one as a sample (actually I had 2 sachets, one of it was used for the next look). I don't hate it though it's strange that in person it looks quite dark for my skin but in the pictures it looks like it's a match (... spoiler alert ... ).

- Maybelline Affinitone Foundation (20 - Golden Rose) - I received this foundation from a friend, the shade didn't suit her. I was a bit apprehensive about it in the beginning as I thought the shade won't suit me either. Oh how wrong I was, it turned out that the shade suited me just fine. I used it for about 2 and a half months straight to the point that I thought it's empty. I let it settle and out of what's left I'd still get around 2-3 uses. This is a foundation that I will definitely repurchase once I'm done with it. Even though the consistency it's quite runny, it has a decent coverage for my skin, it doesn't set into my fine lines, it's just light on the skin, I really liked it.

- Kiko - Soft Sifter Liquid Foundation ( 03 Glacial Light) - I'm so guttered for this foundation. I didn't realized when I got it that it's 90% water and 10% pigment. Whilst I was cleaning I realized that most of it it's gone as the water evaporated. I love how it smells, it's really lightweight on the skin. I just feel guttered as I probably used it 10 times at tops and now it's kind of empty. Maybe I'll get another 4-5 uses out of it and this is me trying to be optimist.

- Sleek - Face powder (Bamboo) - This was part of a cream foundation and powder compact. The concept of it was quite nice but I hated the foundation. It was the wrong shade, I felt it really oily on my face, I was turning into an oil grease in about 1 hour after applying it regardless of the amount of powder I put on top. So I decided to get rid of the foundation but I kept the powder to give it another shot. I depotted the powder into an plastic clear container and use it now as a loose powder to see what I think about it and how my face likes it. While it was part of the compact I just didn't reach for it, I used it around 2-3 types and can't honestly remember how I felt about it.

- Maybelline Mineral Powder blush (Original rose and fresh plum) - The fresh plum one had about 3/4 of the product left as the original rose one is about 2/4. I used to love them and use the all the time especially the original rose one as I was drawn to it more. So basically that's why I put them in the basket, so I use them more as I have them for a few years and need to be used up. If even like this I won't reach to them that much they will end up in the bin.

Eyes and brows:
- ELF brow kit (Medium) - This is brand new. I purchased it about a year ago and never turned up using it so I have to start using it otherwise it'll end up in the bin unused. It's the classic one part waxy cream and one side powder.

- Maybelline 24h Color Tattoo Leather Effect (Creamy Beige 98)  - I used to use this all the time back in the day. When I rediscovered it it was kind of dried out but I took a spatula and mix it up and it's like new (just not as pretty in the container). I want to continue using it as it's quite a versatile product, it can be used as it's own as a cream eyeshadow or as a base. I still have around a quarter of the container left.

- Sephora eyeshadow trio (It bag #80, Be on the A-list #49, Movie Popcorn #72) - This were part of the birthday gift a few years ago. They are nice shades don't get me wrong it's just that I wish the lightest one (Movie Popcorn #72) was a matte shade not satin as all of them are satin look a bit forced together on the eye. It makes the eye look awkward (at least in my opinion). I used the all together in the next post so you can see it for yourself.

It may look like there are a lot of products in the basket but most of them I'll run out after the 1st or 2nd use. I want to turn this "pan basket" into an ongoing project and as I run out/empty a product replace it with a similar one from my collection. I'll try to make monthly update or every 2 weeks (depends on the type of products I have in the basket and how much actual product it's left in them).

Even though I only have one Ikea Alex drawer with makeup  I still think I have a lot of makeup so I try to reduce my collection and kind of limit my purchases in the future.. No one needs 10 or 15 foundations at one time or 50 lipsticks :)

I know it was a long post, if you stayed with me and ended up reading to the end thank you ^_^.

Lots of love,
Andreea

Comments

Popular Posts