Perfume haul

Hi there,

I've been travelling quite a lot lately and even tough I promised myself I won't buy any more fragrances I couldn't help it.. I bought some from the Airport Duty Free Shops. Their price was 20$ each but I got a deal for the Shakira and Beyone ones and instead of 40$ I paid about 34$.

Here's what I've got:


- Jill Sanders no.4 Eau de Parfum:

I only bought the small travel size one (1.0 fl.oz - 30ml) as I was unsure of the smell on my skin but after I used it a couple of time I just felled in love with it. I will go on a hunt for the full size bottle. It is woody but aromatic, still on the same time floral; it's just a perfect combination. 

It was launched in 1990, I'm surprised I haven't come across it sooner to be honest.

The nose behind the perfume is Michael Almairac, he worked with Burberry, Chloe, Chopard, Escada, Givenchy, Gucci, Balmain etc.

The bottle is well made, good quality, sturdy. Even the plastic cap is made of a good quality plastic.

Base notes: cedar, ambergris, oakmoss, civet, sandal wood. Middle notes: nutmeg, jasmine, ylang-ylang, rose, myrrh. Top notes: Anise, galbanum, plum, bergamot. It is made in France. It does last on my skin for a good 6 hours and on clothes all day.

- Shakira Elixir For Women:


This is the 2nd perfume I own created by her; I got the S one from an airport a few years ago.

I got the 2.7 fl. oz one (80 ml) I think it's the full size as far as I could see.

It's a great every day at the office perfume. It's floral, bubbly.. It's nice :).

It was launched in 2012 and it's created in collaboration with Sonia Constant who worked with Burberry, Kenzo, Lacoste etc.

Base notes: white cedar extract, styrax, musk, amber. Middle notes: peach, freesia, peony. Top notes: black pepper, orange blossom.

The bottle itself is sturdy but the plastic cap it's not nice at all. It's just cheap plastic you can tell from a mile away as soon as you touch it.

It lasts on the skin around 4 hours. It is made in Spain.

- Calvin Klein Obsession:


This is a statement perfume, it was launched in 1985 and to last that long on the market must state something :)

I got the 1.7 fl.oz one (50 ml). It's the medium size one as it's sells in the big bottles too (the 3.4 fl.oz - 100ml).

Base notes: Amber, musk, vetiver, vanilla, civet,incense. Middle notes: cedar, sandal wood, orange blossom, jasmine, coriander, spices, oak moss. Top notes: lemon, bergamot, green notes, basil, vanilla, peach, mandarin orange.

The nose behind the fragrance is Jean Guichard, he worked with Cacharel, Cartier, Celine, Fendi, Hermes, Trussardi. 

The bottle is sturdy, the plastic cap is alright, not the best of qualities but not nearly as bad as the Shakira one.

It does last quite a long time on the skin (around 5-6 hours) and on the clothes it lasts all day.

It is made in France.

- Beyonce Heat Kissed:


This is the first perfume I bought from Beyonce's range.

The one I got had 3.4 fl.oz (100 ml) I guess it's the full size. I bought it cause I thought just like the Shakira one it's great for everyday office wear perfume.

It was launched in 2015. It has an Exotic scent that made me instantly think of a secluded beach somewhere on an island. 

Base notes: vanilla, patchouli, sandalwood. Middle notes: Rose, Jasmine Sambac, Orchid. Top notes: Pitahaya, Litchi, Mango. 

The bottle is nice but the plastic cap is just as cheap as the Shakira one. Just plain cheap light plastic.

The downfall is that it doesn't last on the skin more then 3-4 hours tops.. it's nice summery scent but it just doesn't last.  It is made in Spain.


Fun fact: After I opened the boxes and saw how similar the bottles of Shakira's perfume and Beyonce are I did a bit of research and found out that they are both made in Spain, most probably in the same place as even the plastic caps feel just as cheap.. Well, their alright for everyday use I guess. I don't think I'll repurchase them though. 

The one I felt the most in love with is the Jill Sanders one, I will go on a hunt for the full size one and make sure I have a couple of back-ups just in case they decide to withdraw it from the marked, though if it's still here from 1990 than I think I'm safe finding it in the future ^_^

After searching for the notes online I realized that I go for the same kind of scents, at least on the base and middle notes ^_^.

Have you tried any of these perfumes, did you like them?

Lots of love,
Andreea


Comments

Popular Posts