Avon Cosmetics Haul

Hi there,

I recently purchased a bunch of products from Avon and I thought I should include them in a haul... so... here they are:




I'm going to take them one at the time and tell you my opinion about each product.
So let's get started:

bath elixir

Description: Bath elixir with essential Jasmine oil. This formula hydrates and refreshes the skin;
Directions: Pour 3-4 caps into warm water;
My Opinion: It looks like a thick shower gel, the smell is pleasant, I don't know it it makes bubbles, or foam or colors the water.. I will try it and give you an update on the product :)

hand wash

Description: Orchid and Raspberry hand wash;
Directions: leather and rinse;
My Opinion: It's a normal hand wash, it does smell quite nice though.

Uplifting neck and chest serum

Description: Firmness serum for neck and chest;
Directions:  Apply, massage it into the skin from chin to chest for a more toned and firm skin, apply 2-3 times a week. 
My Opinion: Is small, easy to carry around, it has a pump so easy to apply. It looks like the face and neck oil just that this is a serum so it's not oily, it smells nice. After applying the skin is more smoother, is soft to touch. As a first opinion, I like it, we'll see how the skin looks after a couple of weeks.

Face mask with olive oil

Description: Face mask with olive oil. A nourishing formula with olive oil that supplies optimum hydration and a firm skin.
Directions: Apply on clean skin, leave it to activate for 20 minutes then rinse with warm water. 
My Opinion: This is a re-purchase, I love it! It leaves the skin feeling soooo soft and nice, it smells really good (if you like or don't mind the green olive smell). It has a cream consistency, it doesn't feel heavy on the skin (it doesn't feel like those mud masks). 

Exfoliating face mask

Description: Exfoliating face mask with dead sea minerals for sensitive skin;
Directions: Apply a thin layer on the face and leave it on about 1-2 minutes (until it dries), massage it into the skin while your rinsing with warm water. Use 2-3 times a week;
My Opinion: I expected something else (probably I didn't pay much attention while I ordered it) - I thought I receive something more like a cleanser with tiny little things in it so it takes off you dead cells but nope... This thing has a clear color, strange smell (somewhere in between mud and some sort of spearmint). I still have to try it on on the face and I will make an update with all the products I've tried and promised to let you know my updated thoughts.

hot hair oil

Description: Hydrating hair oil;
Directions: Keep the bottle in warm water for 1 minute, pour oil onto wet hair, leave it sit for 1 minute then rinse as normal.
My Opinion: It smells the same as all "heavenly hydration" range smells, it looks somewhere in between of face and neck oil and that neck serum. The whole thing with leaving it into warm/hot water then pour on the wet hair is strange I preferred something as a leave-in treatment but I'll give it a try and definitely let you know my thoughts.



Bright Start Foundation in "Nude"

Description: Fresh look, illuminating, oil free, SPF 15 foundation; enhanced with Vitamin C, Collagen, Olive tree leave extract. 
Direction: to use; shake well, pump several times to activate product, apply and blend evenly;
My Opinion: It is a light, light to medium coverage foundation. It has that type of air sealed plastic bottle with a pump ( this doesn't bothered me at all, I think you can get the use of most of the product like this and it's quite hygienic as well). It has a strange smell but not at all close to the Max Factor one that smells like plastic. Overall, decent packaging, I think it's great for spring/summer when you need something light but still with a bit of coverage.


Ultra color indulgence lipstick in "in bloom"

Description: Lipstick with SPF 15;
My Opinion: Is a nice, gel like texture, I own another color from this range called "Plum Verbena" - I did a review for that one as well. Is a nice nude color that on the hand you have to put quite an amount to be able to see but on the lips it looks pretty nice.

 Ultra beauty lipstick in "Pink Peach"
"Pink Peach" swatch
 Ultra Beauty lipstick in "Sunset"
"Sunset" lipstick swatch

My Opinion: They are nice, smooth, pigmented lipsticks. I purchase them as a deal with Big & Daring Volume Mascara in "black". So I ended up with two mascaras. "Pink Peach" on the lips is more of a orange/peach color and "Sunset" is straight up orange on my lips :) but I really like it, I never had this kind of a shade so I'm good with it. I do own another shade called "totally twig". They are supposed to be long lasting, they do last more than regular lipstick but not much more; at least not on my lips. Taking into account that you don't break the bank buying this lipstick I'm totally satisfied with them.

 From left to right: Ultra Color indulgence lipstick in "In bloom", Ultra beauty lipstick in "Pink Peach" and "Sunset".

 Big & Daring Mascara in "black"
Close up on the bristles 

Description: Volume Mascara, gel-cream with formula, gives 6 times more volume without packing up on the lashes.
My Opinion: I didn't had the chance to try it on but I will soon. I got this mascara in a bundle with one Ultra Beauty lipstick (so I ended up having two of them). By the looks of it it seems nice, the bristles are nicely spaced, there are a lot of them :) I do have high hopes for it. It has a decent 10 ml so it should last a bit. 


I do hope you found this useful, let me know your thought in the comments below.

Lots of love,
Andreea


Comments

Popular Posts